This post is also available in: English
1. Which sugar is dextrorotatory and doesn’t indicate mutarotation?
2. What is the specific rotation of aqueous solution of a mixture, which is produced after hydrolysis of sucrose?
3. The specific rotation in inverted sugar during hydrolysis due to the specific rotation of glucose solution is. (the mixture of glucose and fructose obtained at the end of hydrolysis is called inverted sugar )
4. The specific rotation in inverted sugar during hydrolysis due to the specific rotation of fructose solution is_________ .(the mixture of glucose and fructose obtained at the end of hydrolysis is called inverted sugar)
(A) -20° (B) -92° (C) +52.5° (D) +66.5°
5. Example of polysaccharide is
6. General formula for polysaccharide is
7. _ __ __ is the main component of cell walls of
(D) nucleic acid
8. In which solvent, cellulose is soluble?
(C) ammoniacal cupric hydroxide
(D) alcoholic potassium hydroxide
9. which sugar is not present in a vegetable ?
10. Which is not sugar?
11. Which substance in the animal body can be Converted in glucose and also gives energy when required?
12. ____ _______ is not a cellulose .
(A) Nylon fibre
(D) acetate fibre
13. protein is/are____ ___
(D) All of the above
14. What are the names of scientist, who had obtained many amino acids from hydrolysis of protein?
(A) Haworth & Hirst
(B) Tollens & Tanret
(C) Emil Fischer
(D) all of above
15. which amino acid is known as C-terminal residue in alanylglycylphenylalanine?
16. Molecular mass of polypeptide is__ __ _
(B) up to 10000
(C) up to 20000
(D) up to 1 Crore
17. The molecular mass of protein _ __ __
(A) up to 1000
(B) up to 5000
(C) up to 10000
Q18. The polypeptide chains run parallel and are held together by ____
(C) co-ordination-covalent bond
19. By which bond the polypeptide chains are held together in fibrous protein?
(A) Hydrogen bond
(B) covalent bond
(C) disulphide bond
20. Which protein is insoluble in water, which is present in muscle?
21. In a-helix shaped protein, the polypeptide chain is coild in helix shape approximate _____ amino acids are included per turn of helix
22. Which isn’t the true reason for denaturation of protein?
(B) Change in pH
(C) Increase in temperature
23. Which is the reason for the denaturation of protein?
(A) Organic solvent
(C) Adding concentrate alkali
24. In certain clinical chemistry tests removal of all protein materials, which chemical is added to the sample?
(A) Trichloro acetic acid
(B) Benzoic acid
(C) Ethanoic acid
(D) Benzene sulphonic acid
25. Which is called a coenzyme?
(A) Protein chain
(B) Inorganic component as cofactor
(C) Organic component as co-factor
26. Which of the following ions may be co-factor?
(A) Zn2+, Cu2+
(B) C4+, Si4+
(C) CI–, Br–
(D) PO43– ,S042–
27. which of the following is true?
(A) Coenzyme(Active) + Apoenzyme(Active) → Enzyme(Active)
(B) Coenzyme(Active) + Apoenzyme(Inactive) → Enzyme (Active)
(C) Coenzyme(Inactive) + Apoenzyme(Active) → Enzyme (Active)
(D) Coenzyme(Inactive) + Apoenzyme(Inactive) → Enzyme (Active)
28. Sucrose is hydrolyzed by _ _ enzyme
29. Fat soluble vitamin is
30. Haemorrhage disease caused by deficiency of_ _ __ _vitamin
1-A, 2-A, 3-C, 4-B, 5-D, 6-A, 7-A, 8-C, 9-D, 10-A, 11-B, 12-A, 13-D, 14-C, 15-D, 16-B, 17-D, 18-A, 19-D, 20-A, 21-A, 22-D, 23-D, 24-A, 25-C, 26-A, 27-D, 28-B, 29-B, 30-B